Recent advances in digital technology have made home security more affordable than ever. The average Lubbock TX homeowner is able to get a home security system up and running in just a few hours. Modern wireless systems are also easier to maintain and upgrade than their wired counterparts. Once you’ve made the decision to secure your home with an alarm system, take the following steps to ensure your entire property and loved ones are safe at all times.
- Change the door locks and install window locks. When you move into a home with previous owners, you should always change the door locks. If the home isn’t equipped with window locks, install locks as soon as possible.
- Get the basic system set up. Installing a wireless home security system is a simple job. Unlike wired systems, wireless systems don’t require drilling holes in ceilings, walls, or floors or installing electrical components.
- Display a security sign prominently. The mere presence of a home security system is enough to deter most potential criminals. Simply seeing the security sign at the edge of your Lubbock property will prompt them to keep moving along.
- Choose locations for video surveillance. Wireless security gives you full control over the number of and placement of your video cameras. Secure all of the entryways to the home as well as any outlying buildings on the property (i.e. detached garage, tool shed).
- Set up remote monitoring capability. Remote monitoring allows you to keep an eye on your home from virtually any location. From checking on your kids while you’re at work for the day to checking on your home while you’re on vacation, you’ll have peace of mind about the current state of your Lubbock home and loved ones.
- Add smoke detectors. Connecting your smoke detectors to your security system alerts the property authorities immediately in the event of a fire, even when you aren’t at home.
- Add carbon monoxide detectors. Most people aren’t aware of a carbon monoxide leak until they’re experiencing severe poisoning symptoms because the gas is both colorless and odorless. Linking the carbon monoxide detectors to the alarm system alerts the authorities before you ever know that there’s a leak, minimizing poisoning symptoms.
- Add an emergency alert. A medical alert pendant or emergency pull is a critical feature for families who have an elderly parent or sick family member living at home. In the event of a fall or other medical emergency when no one else is home, the individual can alert the authorities with a single push of a button.
- Implement smart home features. Smart home features include arming and disarming the security system, turning on and off the lights, adjusting the temperature, and locking and unlocking the doors and windows, all from your smartphone or tablet.
- Upgrade your Lubbock home security system as needed. Wireless home security systems make it easy and affordable to upgrade individual security components. For example, you may decide to leave the base security unit as is but upgrade the video surveillance and window sensors.
1st Alarm Lubbock serves the greater West Texas area. We are one of the largest and the best security company in the region specializing in both residential and commercial alarm systems. When you’re ready to take the next step and install a home security system, our team will put together a custom quote within 24 hours. Contact us today to learn more.
If you are considering adding a security system or a security camera to your home or business in Lubbock Texas, contact 1st Alarm of Lubbock Texas today. Having a wireless home security system that includes wireless home security cameras is one of the best ways you can protect what is important to you. 1st Alarm Lubbock has the best security alarm professionals in the region and has the expertise and technology to help you secure your premises at an affordable price. We can help you with all of your security needs for your business and your home. Call (806) 792-3510 today. Request a Quote online or come by the office located at 7212 Joliet Ave. #3 in Lubbock Texas.